St Bernard’s Hospice had hoped and planned to host our usual face-to-face event for our Annual R25000 Lucky Draw taking place at Ronnies Motors, Beacon Bay, on the 4th November 2020; this being our only event to have survived the Covid-19 Pandemic in 2020.
Unfortunately, we have had to make the difficult decision to NOT meet face-to-face as there has been a small but noticeable surge in Covid numbers and hospital admissions within our Region.
Nationally, Covid numbers have increased by 10% in the last week.
The Medical community has anticipated another wave of infection from late November through to early 2021, and are concerned that we may be in the early phase of this.
Although very disappointing, we realize the absolute necessity to be wise and responsible and act in a manner that protects members of our Community and St Bernard’s Hospice Staff.
The Fundraising department at St Bernard’s Hospice are in the throes of planning our first LIVE VIRTUAL EVENT that will take place on the 4th November 2020 so that ALL ticket holders can watch and take part in the draw.
Topic: St Bernards Hospice Fundraiser
Time: Nov 4, 2020 06:15 PM Harare, Pretoria
Join Zoom Event and watch the Draw
Meeting ID: 590 767 5156
It will be different this year in that all the numbers will be in the barrel for the draw and the 7th Number drawn will be the LUCKY WINNER. The first 6 will win Lucky Draw prizes.
Our two Rotaract volunteers will ensure that all is above board – the Lucky draw will be recorded, so those who could not make the live coverage will be able to watch it later.
IT IS NOT ALL BAD NEWS as the Kempston Group, our sponsor for this event, have kindly agreed to remain on board for a DRIVE THROUGH at the BEACON BAY COUNTRY CLUB so, those ticket holders who would have liked to attend the cocktail evening can collect a delicious meal for TWO, and a bottle of wine.
Join us for our FUN No-Contact DRIVE THU between 16h30 – 18h30
Wednesday 4 November. Remeber your ticket Number – we will confirm and hand you your dinner
For catering purposes, there will only be meals available for those who have indicated they will be collecting. Email Marchel Grant at email@example.com. My contact number is 0833356167
R500 for a ticket is a lot of money for some of us, so we have come up with ideas of how you can make it affordable :
- Share the cost of the ticket with friends / family / colleagues / partners and share the R25000 equally should yours be the winning number drawn
- Companies / Organizations – share the cost of a ticket/s with ALL your staff members AND either nominate an NPO to donate the money to OR add the money towards an end of year office function/team building exercise /staff training.
- Companies who have made provision to attend our 2020 Annual Events and have been unable to due to Covid: please use allocation to purchase ticket/s to the value thereof.
- Gift a Ticket to a family member / friend / or loved one. Imagine if they won the R25000 !!!!!
- Support St Bernard’s Hospice: Due to Covid- 19 all our events for 2020 have been cancelled and our finances are in dire straits. Please purchase a ticket.
The invoice will include your LUCKY NUMBER and the BANKING DETAILS.
Once Payment has been received we will scan your ticket and send to you via email – the ticket can be collected at our offices at :
St Bernard’s Hospice Charity Shop,
44 St Marks Road,
Ph. 043 – 721 0051
Having the original ticket on you is not imperative as you will know your Lucky Ticket Number and it will be in the draw under your name.